List:       redhat-list
Subject:    Re: starting kde on a different x screen?
From:       christopher j bottaro <cjb () cs ! utexas ! edu>
Date:       2003-01-28 6:41:04

ok, i edited my Xclients file to look like this:

if which $STARTKDE >/dev/null 2>&1; then
    	xhost +localhost
	export DISPLAY=localhost:0.1
	startkde
	#exec `which $STARTKDE`
fi

getting warmer.  now the kde splashscreen and startup progress window appear
on my tv.  but when its done there is a barren kde desktop on my tv and my
normal kde desktop on my crt (i want it the other way around).  furthermore
if i open up a konsole on my crt and echo $DISPLAY it says "localhost:0.0"
instead of "localhost:0.1".  any ideas?

thanks again for the help,
-- christopher