List:       redhat-list
Subject:    Re: the ^ symbol
From:       Vidiot <brown () mrvideo ! vidiot ! com>
Date:       2002-10-24 2:47:00

>Actually the "tilde" symbol is to be found on the right of the keyboard
>above the # "hash" key. At least on a proper keyboard it is ;-)

I don't what keyboard you have, but the tilde is to the far left, next to the
1 key.  The hash (#) is on the number 3 key.  Your keyboard layout is incorrect.
At least for the U.S. market it is.

MB

>> 	This character (above) is NOT a "tilde". It's a "caret".
>>
>> 	The "tilde" is the wavy line symbol, that appears above the
>> key to the left of the number 1 on your keyboard (under the "esc"
>> key). THAT symbol (the REAL tilde) is " ~ ".
>>
>> 	The "caret" is the symbol for the "control" character.

MB
--
e-mail: vidiot@vidiot.com       It is God's job to forgive bin Laden.
                                It is our job to set up the meeting.