List:       redhat-list
Subject:    Re: Thank you  Re: netware client for linux?
From:       "Carl D. Blake" <carl () boeckeler ! com>
Date:       2002-08-26 16:43:48

On Thu, 2002-08-22 at 18:26, C Bud wrote:
> Thanks for the info.  I thought that I had installed
> ncpfs on my system, but I have no man page entry for
> it.  So I'm hoping the Red Hat site's man pages has
> info on the commands.  Good to know that it does work
> though.

You can check to see if ncpfs is installed on your system by executing
	rpm -qil ncpfs
This will also show you the files that were installed for the ncpfs
package.  This way you can see what commands are provided and what the
man files are.  I'm forever forgetting what the commands for different
functions are - it's not exactly intuitively obvious.  For example
pqlist shows you  the list of printer queues for a Netware server,
ncpmount mounts a netware server's file system, and nwvolinfo gives you
the volume information for a netware file system.  Why they couldn't all
be prefixed with nw or ncp so that all the commands are consistent I'll
probably never know.

> --- "Carl D. Blake" <carl@boeckeler.com> wrote:
> > We use the ncpfs utilities to access a Netware 4.11
> > server from our
> > linux boxes.  The utilities are in the ncpfs
> > package.  Check the
> > manuals.
> >
> > On Sun, 2002-08-18 at 18:23, C Bud wrote:
> > > Hello.  I hope that this is the correct support
> > list
> > > to ask this question.
> > > I work for a municipality that currently uses
> > Novell
> > > Network on Windows.  We are wanting to use a Linux
> > > client to access this Network and I have been
> > wanting
> > > to use Red Hat.  So far I have been unsuccessful
> > > in obtaining a Netware Client for Red Hat Linux.
> > > Apparently, Caldera offers this application, but I
> > > prefer Red Hat over Caldera.  Caldera has a
> > download
> > > that is supposed to work for Red Hat 5.1, but I
> > cannot
> > > get it to work on either 6.0 or 7.2.  Does Red Hat
> > > have a client application to access a Novell
> > Netware
> > > Server running on Windows?  Or do you know where
> > one
> > > can be obtained?  I have also tried
> > >

> http://now-well.sourceforge.net/linux/now-well/screenshot.htm
> > > I have been able to download the application, but
> > am
> > > unable to install it.  Anyone familiar with
> > > tixwish????
> > >
> > > I would appreciate any information that you can
> > offer.
> > >
> > > Thank you,
> > > CBud

> > --