List:       redhat-list
Subject:    Re: wu-ftpd on RH7.3
From:       Bernhard Rosenkraenzer <bero () redhat ! de>
Date:       2002-05-10 13:53:01

On Fri, 10 May 2002, Greg Hosler wrote:

> I upgraded an office machine to RH7.3 (re-install actually), and installed and
> setup wu-ftpd. enabled wu-ftpd in /etc/xinetd.d/wu-ftpd, restarted xinetd, and
> ran ncftp to connect as a NON-ANONYMOUS user. I can login just fine, but I
> cannot switch directories.

We chroot() users to their home directories by default for better security
in 7.3.

Remove the "guestuser *" line from /etc/ftpaccess if you don't like it, or
simply add realuser whatever,whatever2 somewhere after the guestuser *
statement to chroot all users except for whatever and whatever1.

LLaP
bero

--
This message is provided to you under the terms outlined at
http://www.bero.org/terms.html