List:       redhat-list
Subject:    Re: Samba
From:       Thierry ITTY <thierry.itty () besancon ! org>
Date:       2001-11-30 17:03:03

>I have configured Samba on RH7.1 using SWAT and got the following error
when I typed "smbstatus" at the prompt
>" Couldn't open status file /var/lock/samba/STATUS..LCK"

i remember i sometimes had this message after a fresh install until at
least one connection occured. so connect at least once from anywhere then
try smbstatus again

>the nmbd daemon could not be started when the server was rebooted.

check logs...
Bien sûr que je suis perfectionniste !
Mais ne pourrais-je pas l'être mieux ?
	Thierry ITTY