List:       redhat-devel
Subject:    TMPDIR
From:       Bob Tennent <rdt () cs ! queensu ! ca>
Date:       2001-05-18 13:36:32

On someone's advice, I have TMPDIR set to $HOME/tmp. This seems to work well
for almost everything, except samba. I have to start this with root's TMPDIR
set to /tmp or I get failures from smbclient. Is this a bug or a feature? I'd
be grateful for advice on the security aspects of using $HOME/tmp in preference
to /tmp. I'm currently using samba-2.0.8-1.6.

Bob T.