List:       redhat-devel
Subject:    RE: Q: Best Developing SW 4 Linux <-- Is it hard to find?
From:       Dennis Edmonds <dedmonds () sscs ! net>
Date:       1998-11-19 17:52:14

On 18-Nov-98 mhammady@idsc1.gov.eg wrote:
> hi all
>
> I wondered if there is a tools available for developing as there in win
> environment (Delphi -my favourite-, VC++, ... etc.), as they are object
> oriented with advanced IDE..
>
> i didn't find any thing yet.. is it so hard to find?
>
> Thanks
>
> MAH
>
> --

There are many, many developemnt tools for Linux.  Including several IDEs for
Java, Eiffel, C, C++, etc.  Take a look at:

http://www.linuxjournal.com/bg/index.html

There are quite a few listed under Application Development Tools.  Some are
commercial and others are OpenSource, but the majority of them have at least a
demo you can try out.

Dennis