List:       redhat-devel
Subject:    New 'devel' directory
From:       Troels Arvin <kern () www ! studmed ! ku ! dk>
Date:       1997-09-08 20:58:15

Hello,

I noticed that there's now a new directory in devel tree on ftp.redhat.com.

I would find it interesting to start testing the new RedHat devel-files. I
know that it's in an alfa/beta stage, that it's on my own risk, etc.

But before I start: Are there pieces of information that are especially
handy to know of?

New file location-principles?
New configuration principles?
New major packages that deserve special attention?

Are there any of the rpm's that are very critical to install first (e.g., I
suppose that the glibc related files are very fundamental)?

Is there a tentative shipping date/time-frame for the next RedHat?

Why the leap in version number (4.2 -> 4.8)?

Greetings from Troels Arvin, Copenhagen, Denmark
http://www.mdb.ku.dk/tarvin/