List:       rdesktop-users
Subject:    [rdesktop-users] Can't use bepo keymap
From:       mcgregor () mailoo ! org
Date:       2015-07-10 9:30:41

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi,

I would like to use a bepo keyboard layout. I read that a patch has been
submitted and included in 2010. The problem might be me but I can't seem
to use it:

ERROR: Failed to open keymap fr-bepo

I have rdesktop-1.8.3-r1 on Parabola. I have looked at the keymaps
folder on sourceforge but the layout isn't there. There's a link in the
original patch request, but it leads nowhere.

Has it been removed? If it's not recoverable, I can try to (re)create
it. I have 2 obstacles:

* scancodes: Not all the keys are found in scancodes.h, for instance
  accented characters.

* keysym-names: The keymapping.txt file says it's found in the error
  message but it isn't clear for me which one.

xmodmap -pke returns a list of what looks like scancodes and
keysyms. From messages on the mailing list, I understand that keysyms
are read on the local system, so they could come from this command. But
what about the scancodes for accented characters, special quotes, etc?

Thanks in advance for any hint!

--
McGregor