List:       rdesktop-users
Subject:    [rdesktop-users] Re: Poor Sound Quality
From:       Mark Hellman <markhellman () techie ! com>
Date:       2006-04-11 23:37:35

Christensen Tom wrote:

> A few of the attorneys have laptops running win xp and use the microsoft
> rdp client to connect to the same server, on these laptops the sound
> quality is
> perfect, even playing back streaming media (songs from internet radio).  I
> have done extensive testing and I'm pretty sure its rdesktop that is
> causing the problem, any ideas? running version 1.4.1....

I had problems with poor sound using older versions of rdesktop.
But with recent versions, it has worked fine. I even tested rdesktop using
several sound cards and still haven't found a single problem.

Instead of connecting to the Win2003 server, could you try to connect to a
Windows XP Professional and see if the sound quality is different?

And, what distro and kernel version are you using?

Mark