List:       rdesktop-users
Subject:    [rdesktop-users] Re: disconnects
From:       Mark Hellman <markhellman () techie ! com>
Date:       2006-03-31 23:34:02

Jens Benecke wrote:

> btw: This problem only occurs when using "-a 16", and it *seems* only to
> occur with server-side apps that use OpenGL displays. No other combination
> of parameters has produced this problem, and people here that only start
> rdesktop to use MS Office haven't encountered the problem yet, either.
>
> We are using a Windows 2003 terminal server.

Three questions:

1. Have you checked if the problem occurs also with the ATI binary driver?
2. If the problem only occurs with -a 16, then why don't you use -a 24?
3. Could you give an example of a Windows application that triggers a
disconnect?

By the way, I am not a rdesktop developer. I am just curious about your
problem, since I am also experiencing some glitches with rdesktop using a
SIS graphics card. I would like to find out how can a Xorg driver influence
rdesktop performance and stability.

Mark