List:       rdesktop-devel
Subject:    [rdesktop-devel] [ rdesktop-Bugs-2858665 ] Black mouse pointer at
From:       "SourceForge.net" <noreply () sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2010-10-04 4:47:54

Bugs item #2858665, was opened at 2009-09-14 08:57
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by livnah5738
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=381347&aid=2858665&group_id=24366

not just the latest update.
Category: Visual
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Mouse pointer is always black when connecting to Windows Server 2008 R2. It seems \
that this is introduced by R2 release of Windows 2008. I have tried most recent SVN \
version. It fixes some other visual problems (like black areas at OpenOffice) but \
mouse pointer problem not changed.

Comment By: livnah (livnah5738)
Date: 2010-10-03 21:47

Message:
I tried patch, for some reason it didn't work. Apparently it's fixed in
latest update, downloaded from SVN, copied configure from 1.6, compiled,
success! I figured a bunch of people with the problem might be having
trouble with building from SVN, so I tgz'd and put it at
http://filesocial.com/hheb38y --- ./configure ; make ; make install ---
ready to
rock and roll!

Comment By: livnah (livnah5738)
Date: 2010-10-03 20:01

Message:
I tried patch, for some reason it didn't work.  Apparently it's fixed in
latest update, downloaded from SVN, copied configure from 1.6, compiled,
success!  I figured a bunch of people with the problem might be having
trouble with building from SVN, so I tgz'd and put it at
http://bit.ly/9DrhEB --- ./configure ; make ; make install --- ready to
rock and roll!

Comment By: Brecht Monkerhey (brechtmonkerhey)
Date: 2010-06-04 08:46

Message:
encountered the same problem, the patch mentioned by dougk works fine here
for rdesktop on ubuntu and WS2008R2

Comment By: Doug Kelly (dougk_ff7)
Date: 2010-03-01 09:08

Message:
Appears to be fixed with the patch committed with #2884937.  You're
restricted to monochrome cursors, but they don't appear broken, at least.

Comment By: John W. Lovell (jlovell_esd189)
Date: 2009-12-03 16:30

Message:
This is a real problem for us as we use rdesktop with LTSP for our thin
clients.

Comment By: Jay Sorg (jsorg71)
Date: 2009-10-21 15:19

Message:
It looks like an MS bug, they don't support clients using only older
pointer caps.
To fix this we need to implement 'New pointers'
Document MS-RDPBCGR
2.2.9.1.1.4.5 New Pointer Update (TS_POINTERATTRIBUTE)

Comment By: bailli (bailli)
Date: 2009-10-20 12:29

Message:
I am experiencing the same problem. I have tracked it down to the (unit8
*)data array in process_colour_pointer_pdu in rdp.c.
The image of the cursor is somehow only the lower part of the original
image, but is "stretched" vertically with empty 0x00 lines to fit the
correct height.
The mask seems to be correct - which is the only reason the normal mouse
pointer is visible at all because for this cursor the data array contains
only zeros.

Comment By: Michael Gilbert (floppym)
Date: 2009-10-08 21:32

Message:
I am having a similar problem when connecting to Windows 7 (client version
of Server 2008 R2).  When the pointer scheme is set to anything other than
"Windows Aero", the cursor appears as a solid black arrow.  I am guessing
it has something to do with the bitmap format of the other pointer schemes:
Aero has full-color cursors, whereas the others have 1-bit (black/white)
images.