List:       rdesktop-devel
Subject:    [rdesktop-devel] [ rdesktop-Patches-1569293 ] Release keyboard grab
From:       "SourceForge.net" <noreply () sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2008-09-21 18:58:32

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by wingel
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=381349&aid=1569293&group_id=24366

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I've been using VMware for a while and wanted to be
able to release the keyboard grab with Ctrl-Alt as
VMware allows me to do, so I hacked together this patch
to do so.  Besides allowing me to use Ctrl-Alt I also
added a lazy grabbing, so that rdesktop doesn't grab
the keyboard until I press a mouse button or the
keyboard.

This patch has a few problems that have to be fixed if
you want to integrate this into rdesktop.

I haven't added any command line flags to
enable/disable ctrl-alt or the lazy grab.  I have added
variables in rdesktop.c that control these functions,
so this should be easy to do.

The combination ctrl-alt is hardcoded and the code that
checks for these keys is a bit ugly.  It'd be a lot
better if the key combination could be configured by
the user, for example, look at how VMware does this.

If I use full screen mode and press ctrl-alt to release
the focus and then switch to another application, the
rdesktop window still stays on top.  If I've read the
code correctly, I think this is because the window has
been created with the redirectoverrride flag.  For the
function to be useful with full screen, this has to be
fixed.