List:       rdesktop-devel
Subject:    [rdesktop-devel] smartcard patches may not be stable
From:       Jennings Jared L CTR USAF 46 SK/CCI <jared.jennings.ctr () eglin ! af ! mil>
Date:       2006-10-20 15:17:36

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

My testers have started to see some of the same problems when using 1.5.0 +
my smartcard patches as when they used 1.4.1 + my smartcard patches. I.e.:
at random times between 1 second and 5 minutes after logging in when the
smartcard remains in the reader, the rdesktop suddenly goes away. If they
are the same problems as with 1.4.1, they are not crashes but sudden exits
due to connections being unexpectedly closed. A month or two ago someone on
this list told me it had to do not directly with the smartcard code but
something about encryption.

At any rate, the smartcard patches do not yet seem to be of the stability I
expected a week ago.