List:       razor-users
Subject:    Re: [Razor-users] Slowness since razor install
From:       Matt Kettler <mkettler () evi-inc ! com>
Date:       2006-08-21 17:43:56

Christopher S. Arnold wrote:
> Since i installed razor, my server has become waayyy slow. Is razor
> known to slow the server down or have high CPU useage?

If your firewall isn't allowing razor requests out, it will cause a significant
slowdown as every razor lookup will cause a timeout.

For reference, here's a quote from the FAQ:

Q: I have a firewall. What ports do I need to open in order for
   Razor2 to work?

   Outgoing TCP port 2703 (Razor2), only.  Previous versions used
   TCP port 7 (echo), but this is no longer used.