List:       razor-users
Subject:    Re: [Razor-users] How to test if Razor is being called and
From:       Matt Kettler <mkettler () evi-inc ! com>
Date:       2005-02-14 15:56:36

At 03:56 PM 2/13/2005, Bryan J. Rentoul wrote:
>  have SpamAssassin and Razor (v2) installed and apparently all working.

spamassassin --lint -D

You should see plenty of debug output from the razor checks.

>However, I would like to be able to test the SA is actually running calling
>the Razor agent and that the agent is in fact processing the message under
>test.

You won't, unless it hits.

>So far, there doesn't seem to be any headers added to the message to say
>Razor has been involved and I cannot find a way to have Razor do this. Does
>this mean Razor is *not* being called by SA? Or it Razor simply silent in
>this regard?

Well, it's not up to razor, it's up to SA to add headers in this case.. So
SA is silent about razor's non-hits.

>SpamAssassin is doing it's thing in the message headers and seems to work
>quite well. I would have expected some kind of "score" associated with Razor
>check, but there's nothing reported.

There is. Razor hits will show up as the following rules under SA:
RAZOR_CHECK and RAZOR_CF_*

>  Ultimately, I would like to be able to send a test message through my mail
>server and have it tagged "Razor detected spam" (or something) in the
>message headers. Can that be done?

No, SA has no support for that. But you can look for the RAZOR_CHECK in the
list of hits.