List:       razor-users
Subject:    RE: [Razor-users] How do I know that razor-report works at all?
From:       "jules" <jules () popmonkey ! com>
Date:       2004-03-11 19:26:55

thus spake Jesper K. Pedersen on Thursday, March 11, 2004 3:23 AM:
> I'd be happy to participate in the fight against spam, but I do at
> least want to know that my work is used at all.
>
> I tried the following:
>
> spamassassin --report < spam-mail
> razor-report -f spam-mail
>
> and both seems to work for a few seconds, and then terminates without
> any message.

this is normal.  you might get errors if you fail to authenticate prior
to reporting, but that's unlikely as the razor-report agent does that
for you (assuming everything is configured correctly).

> A previous reply on this list indicate that only when there is an
> error a message will be displayed, but I tried reporting my .emacs
> file, without any notification that anything went wrong. Does that
> mean that Richard Stallmann is now blacklisted? ;-)

no.  but an email containing very similar content to your .emacs may get
blocked (not likely since it would have to be reported by others as
well).  remember, razor does not blacklist email addresses.

--
j u l e s @ p o p m o n k e y . c o m
http://www.popmonkey.com

One month FREE spam protection at http://www.cloudmark.com/spamnetsig/