List:       razor-users
Subject:    Re: [Razor-users] How do I know that razor-report works at all?
From:       Matt Kettler <mkettler () evi-inc ! com>
Date:       2004-03-11 18:26:43

At 06:23 AM 3/11/2004, Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:
>I'd be happy to participate in the fight against spam, but I do at least want
>to know that my work is used at all.
>
>I tried the following:
>
>spamassassin --report < spam-mail
>razor-report -f spam-mail
>
>and both seems to work for a few seconds, and then terminates without any
>message.

You can check the return code for razor-report.. if it returns a '2' there
was an error.

>A previous reply on this list indicate that only when there is an error a
>message will be displayed, but I tried reporting my .emacs file, without any
>notification that anything went wrong. Does that mean that Richard Stallmann
>is now blacklisted? ;-)

I know you're joking, but that's quite silly.. Razor doesn't list addresses
at all.
I also doubt it worked, since it won't be parseable as an email file. If it
did work, any email containing your .emacs as an attachment might get
flagged (if your trust score is high enough to push an email over the CF
line on your own).

>What I really want to do is put spam mails into an mbox file, and once in a
>while send that off.
>
>I tried spamassassin --report -D < ~/Mail/spam

That's a user error.. spamassassin --report explicitly does NOT support
mbox format at the present. One email at a time. Only.

The only part of the SA toolset that does support mbox is sa-learn.
Everything else is based on the single-email pipe model.