List:       razor-users
Subject:    Re: [Razor-users] Strip X-Bogosity Headers Before Running
From:       Matt Kettler <mkettler () evi-inc ! com>
Date:       2003-07-10 17:55:06

At 11:00 AM 7/10/2003 -0500, Eric Rostetter wrote:
>Also note that weather those headers are significant or not in your checks
>may depend on which engine(s) you use in your checks.

 From reading the docs, the headers should be irrelevant to all engines and
all logic_method's. If you can find a combination to which they are
relevant, I'd like to know.

I've not actually plowed the source, but it would make little sense for
razor to check headers, as they are likely to change. Including parts of a
message that are likely to be different in each message is contrary to the
fundamental point of what razor is supposed to do.

Razor really is a method of detecting messages with identical bodies to
other messages which have already been reported as spam. Based on this
simple fundamental function that razor performs, one can pretty quickly see
why checking headers would be detrimental to Razor's accuracy, and I for
one have a pretty good sense that Vipul and crew are considerably smarter
than that.