List:       rampart-c-dev
Subject:    Re: can't get cookies working
From:       Damitha Kumarage <damitha () wso2 ! com>
Date:       2010-09-20 3:54:08

jim wrote:
>  In the axis2 log I see
>     [Sun Sep 19 20:09:43 2010] [debug] http_transport_sender.c(771)
> using axis2 libcurl http sender.
>
> In http_transport_sender.c I see that libcurl is used if
> AXIS2_LIBCURL_ENABLED is Edefined.
>
> Therefor it seems that libcurl is the default transport, and maybe
> this is why my attempts to include a cookie header have not
> succeeded...?  However I can't find any place where
> AXIS2_LIBCURL_ENABLED is #defined.
>
> How can I use the default http transport instead of LIBCURL?
AFAIK to enable you need to give configuration option

./configure --enable-libcurl=yes [other options]

Without that I don't know how you got libcurl enabled. If you don't know
how it is enabled and need to disable it try --enable-libcurl=no

Damitha

> On 9/15/2010 10:26 PM, Damitha Kumarage wrote:
>> Hi Jim,
>> Axis2/C has session support working. But I don't think any released
>> version has this support.  Try 1.7.0 release candidate at [1]. At
>> client side session support you don't have to do any
>> configuration/coding. You need to set
>> axis2_options_set_manage_session()  only if you are using libcurl
>> transport. But this is not the default transport.
>>
>> Damitha
>>
>> [1] http://people.apache.org/~shankar/axis2c/1.7.0-RC2/
>>
>> jim wrote:
>>>   I need to use Axis2C on OS X.  I've gotten things working, sort
>>> of, but have stumbled on cookie support.  The server I'll be
>>> accessing sets a cookie on an initial call, then expects it on
>>> subsequent calls.
>>>
>>> As far as I can see, I should be setting the options on the
>>> stub/service client so that 'manage session' = true.  I've tried
>>> accomplishing this with axis_options_set_manage_session().  But, no
>>> cookie shows up in my requests
>>>
>>> I've tried explicitly adding a cookie HTTP header, by following
>>> examples I've found for adding headers to the stub/service client
>>> options.  The exact syntax of the examples varies; but I never get a
>>> header in the HTTP request.
>>>
>>> Does cookie/session support work? Is it just a matter of getting the
>>> right syntax?   Or is AxisC not able to handle cookies?
>>>
>>> Any responses will earn my undying gratitude...
>>>
>>> Jim Hughes

Damitha Kumarage
Technical Lead; WSO2 Inc.
"Oxygenating the Web Service Platform; " http://www.wso2.com/