List:       rails
Subject:    [Rails] going mad with verson control
From:       roberto () keltia ! freenix ! fr (Ollivier Robert)
Date:       2005-01-31 23:58:28

According to Anoop Ranganath:
> I'm talking about migrating from rails 0.8.5 to 0.9.0 for example.
> There's just no easy way to do that in place.  So I follow the
> instructions and create a new rails environment, and start moving
> controllers and views over.  Then because the other directory was the
> one under version control, I copy everything back.

The way I'll do it in the future is to branch the current application,
generate a new env. with rails then copy everything that changed.  I'm very
careful not to modify any file generated by rails (except inside app/ and
public/).

I'm not using CVS though, CVS branches sucks.  I'm using GNU arch / bazaar.
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
Darwin snuadh.freenix.org Kernel Version 7.7.0: Sun Nov  7 16:06:51 PST 2004