List:       radare
Subject:    [radare] New graphing features.
From:       pancake () youterm ! com (pancake)
Date:       2008-01-31 13:35:10

Hey! we finally got a decent layout and code analysis for the code analysis.

I'm probably a bad person to say that..but the current layout of radare
looks to me easier to read than the IDA ones. Loops are visually easier
to identify and less extra visual information is added on the nodes, so
keeping it simple and colorizing the nodes  depending on propierties of
them (number of calls, num of jumps inside, is it a flagged node? etc..
makes the graphs quite useful.

Yesterday before going to sleep I implement some new sausage for radare,
adding tracing capabilities to the core and the dissasembler printage.

This way, all the traced instructions (by step, cont, trace, etc..) can
be recorded in internal structures, and later be able to dump these
traces and 'unroll' disassemblies, simulate backtraces and give extra
information of each opcode:

  - show step counter when executing this opcode
  - show number of times this opcode has been executed

I plan to make all this nfo available fro the graphs too (not only disasembly)
Obviously all this info is planned to be exported in csv or any other simple
format, to be imported from IDA.

--pancake