List:       racket-dev
Subject:    [racket-dev] LGPL
From:       matthias () ccs ! neu ! edu (Matthias Felleisen)
Date:       2011-03-04 14:15:59

On Mar 3, 2011, at 10:45 PM, Neil Van Dyke wrote:

> Some individual contributors will believe strongly in open source licenses

As you know, we are working on a package system that should resolve this issue. A \
contributor who wishes to impose a different source license than 'same as Racket' can \
do so and distribute his package separately in both a logical sense and a legal \
sense.

> I didn't mind giving full nonexeclusive rights to that CSV parser as "same terms as \
> Racket", just for the sake of expedience on that small contribution.

Thank you very much. As the primary meta-user of this package (it's really \
redistributed via HtDP/2e) I appreciate your quick agreement very much.

-- Matthias