List:       racf-l
Subject:    Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Why am I getting this error message about pass phrase and invalid password on the
From:       Bogdan Belciu <bogdan.belciu.i () GMAIL ! COM>
Date:       2023-03-23 10:41:36

Hi,

In the latest versions of z/OS there is nothing to do to enable to use
passphrases.
You can simply assign a phrase to a user and it can use both his previous
password and the phrase, if you want only phrase you can alter the user
with NOPASSWORD. If you want to make it protected then you must alter it
with NOPHRASE if it had a phrase..
Not sure from which one, 2.2, 2.1, 2.3??
I was surprised to find out this when a customer asked us about what to do
for passphrases.. because I was convinced they need to be turned on via
SETROPTS.
Not the case anymore.

Cu stim=C4=83/Best regards,
Bogdan Belciu