List:       racf-l
Subject:    Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Force Logoff a TSO session
From:       Bob Bridges <robhbridges () GMAIL ! COM>
Date:       2022-05-26 12:39:02

When I get myself into a loop in one of my foreground programs, I used to be
able to do a button sequence, something like <SYS REQ> and then another key,
<ESC> maybe?  That would cancel my TSO session and I could start over.  But
I haven't been able to do that in a while; whether that's because of a
change in TN3270 or just my employer, I don't know.

The reconnect option is great, but in the looping-program scenario it just
puts me back in the looping program.  In that case I usually have to call
the operators in the computer room to cancel my session, or the support
folks, or whoever does it where you are.

---
Bob Bridges, robhbridges@gmail.com, cell 336 382-7313

/* The cities are for money but the high-up hills are purely for the soul.
-from _Galloway_ by Louis L'Amour */