List:       racf-l
Subject:    Re: Marx Zelden - IPLINFO utility
From:       Radoslaw Skorupka <R.Skorupka () HOTMAIL ! COM>
Date:       2022-04-28 17:52:55

Juan,

I think you missed my point, maybe I wasn't clear enough: we are not
talking what should be, but we are talking about what is. Yes, that kind
of information is available. It has been available for years. And
despite of that z/OS is the most secure system available. It was checked
and audited many times and it seems the information about APF list is
not considered as vulnerability. Before we disagree with that we should
think twice, just to respect the knowledge of many people who analysed
the system from security point of view.

Yes, I see no value in keeping APF list secret. I see huge value in good
protection of APF list. That means all the libraries are
DATASET-protected, but also APF list modification is strictly controlled
and audited. And the same for LNKLST (guess why). And for LPA.
However the names on the list are not secret.

Regarding your last sentence - I have no z/OS. The owner of the z/OS has
its own rules, I think it's obvious.
Last, but not least: can you see a difference between information
available to every TSO user and information on public website?
And especially for you, APF list:
SYS1. LINKLIB
SYS1.LPALIB
SYS1.MIGLIB