List:       racf-l
Subject:    Re: [IBM External] Re: ENTITY CERT not working in CICS SSL
From:       Bobby Sagami <bobby_sagami () NA ! HONDA ! COM>
Date:       2021-10-13 19:15:21

Hi Wai!

The current EE cert was provided by our client to connect to our CICS SSL webservice. \
The EE cert is linked to a RACF userid as trusted, it is not in any keyring, but \
listchain confirms both inter and root is in the keyring used for CICS SSL region.  \
User able to connect to CICS:

Chain information:
  Chain contains 3 certificate(s), chain is complete
  Chain contains no ring in common

A new EE cert forwarded to us from client because current expires soon.  I did a \
RACDCERT ADD TRUST from a dataset sent containing new EE cert.  Listchain shows \
incomplete.  Client says same root cert used as previous but different intercert, so \
I added the diff intercert to the CICS keyring.  Listchain still shows incomplete:

Chain information:
  Chain contains 1 certificate(s), chain is incomplete
  Chain contains no ring in common

RACDCERT CHECKCERT of the new EE:

Certificate 1:
Digital certificate information for user DPUSERP:

  Label: DATAPOWER 2021
  Certificate ID: 2QfE1+TixdnXxMHjwdfW5sXZQPLw8vFA
  Start Date: 2021/09/12 17:00:00
  End Date:   2022/09/13 16:59:59
  Serial Number:
       >00BBB0BXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX<
  Issuer's Name:
       >CN=Sectigo RSA Extended Validation Secure Server CA.O=Sectigo Limited<
       >.L=Salford.SP=Greater Manchester.C=GB<
  Subject's Name:
       >CN=ws.hondaweb.com.O=American Honda Motor Co., Inc..SP=California.C=U<
       >S.Private Organization.California.US.C0377249<
  Subject's AltNames:
    Domain: ws.hondaweb.com
  Signing Algorithm: sha256RSA
  Key Usage: HANDSHAKE
  Key Type: RSA
   Key Size: 2048
   Private Key: NO

 Chain information:
   Chain contains 1 certificate(s), chain is incomplete
 ***

Only thing I see different between current and new EE cert is different inter cert, \
which i added to keyring, which shows CERT OWNER SITE.  The working EE uses \
INTERMFTxxxx shows CERT OWNER CERTAUTH.  does that make a difference?  The manuals \
say just the USAGE must be CERTAUTH, nothing about CERT OWNER.  Unfortunately this \
inter cert used in other keyrings I hesitate to delete/add as CERT OWNER CERTAUTH:

Ring:
     >A001_SSL_RING<
Certificate Label Name             Cert Owner     USAGE      DEFAULT
A001_CICS_SSL                      ID(xxxx)       PERSONAL     YES
ROOTxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                 CERTAUTH       CERTAUTH     NO
INTERMFTxxxx                       CERTAUTH       CERTAUTH     NO
DPINTERxxxxx                       SITE           CERTAUTH     NO    << added