List:       racf-l
Subject:    Re: Protected user
From:       Radoslaw Skorupka <R.Skorupka () HOTMAIL ! COM>
Date:       2021-08-31 17:29:01

I guess this is started task user and the password is simply not used.
In that case PROTECTED is good choice.
How to make sure?
Well, by browsing SMF records.
You should find user logons if any.
Regarding back to old password - the password is already expired. In
that case there are three ways:
a) nobody/no process use password for logon => nothing will change
b) password is being used by someone, but you changed user to PROTECTED
=> you will met this guy very soon :-)
c) password is being used by someone, but you just wait => the guy will
change it or you'll met him soon.

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland