List:       racf-l
Subject:    Why ICH0007I and how fix?
From:       Charles Mills <charlesm () MCN ! ORG>
Date:       2020-05-20 17:51:51

I am issuing a JES2 $DQ command from a Rexx EXEC running under IKJEFT01. It
is all working but I for every command issued I am getting

ICH70007I USER AUTHORITY CANNOT BE USED FOR THIRD-PARTY

          AUTHORIZATION CHECK FOR USER (userid ) GROUP (SYS1    )

          BECAUSE THE EXECUTION NODE (mynode) IS NOT LOCAL.

          UACC WILL BE USED.

I have read the description of the message
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSLTBW_2.2.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r2
.icha600/ich70007i.htm but I don't understand any more than I did before. I
am *not* getting ICH408I so I guess that is why it is all working.

AFAIK 'mynode' *is* the local machine. I am not specifying any node in my
CONSOLE ACTIVATE/CART/ADDRESS CONSOLE.

$HASP826 NODE(1)

$HASP826 NODE(1)   NAME=mynode,STATUS=(OWNNODE),TRANSMIT=BOTH,

$HASP826           RECEIVE=BOTH,HOLD=NONE

Can someone explain what the message means and how to make it go away?

I see "make sure that the node is defined to the &RACLNDE profile in the
RACFVARS class." How do I do that and what are the risks?

As you can tell, I am not a RACF admin, only playing one in my spare time.
Is this perhaps a JES2 question and not a RACF question?

Thanks,

Charles