List:       racf-l
Subject:    Antwort: Racf command via rexx line length limit?
From:       Andreas Fischer <andreas.fischer () GENERALI ! COM>
Date:       2020-03-07 21:10:57

hi,

don't know if there's a limit, and i'm lazy to search the manuals now, but
what i can tell you is that i've issued all kind of commands within a REXX
exec and never experienced or realized any problem with a commands length.
having a quick check of my routines, that should at least include lengths
of up to 278 characters; my guess would be if there's a limit that it is
way higher. when calling an ISPF edit macro within an ISPF edit macro, i
think there's a limit of 32k for a single variable, but probably that is
rather related to ISPF restrictions than to REXX.

regards,
andi

"RACF Discussion List" <RACF-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> schrieb am 07.03.2020
21:23:43: