List:       racf-l
Subject:    Re: User ID in RACFVARS
From:       Elardus Engelbrecht <elardus.engelbrecht () SITA ! CO ! ZA>
Date:       2018-11-22 14:05:15

Sankaranarayanan, Vignesh wrote:

> Is there a way to use a known variable as a substitute for specific mentions.
> That is, I want to create a profile called A.<userid>.* such that <userid> is a \
> variable. Only <userid> should have ALTER access to the profile.

> So I guess a variable in the member/access list too..

You have gotten an excellent reply from Walter Farrell.

AFAIK, you can specify variables in [at least] these classes: RACFVARS, NODES, \
GLOBAL. However each classes has their own handling of variables.

So, please give more information what you're trying to achieve, what classes are you \
referring to and any attempts you tried out.

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht