List:       racf-l
Subject:    Re: IRRDBU00 and ICETOOL
From:       Elardus Engelbrecht <elardus.engelbrecht () SITA ! CO ! ZA>
Date:       2018-03-29 6:13:11

Craig Ross wrote:

> Yep, as I thought... problem was with me.

No, ICETOOL statements are somewhat difficult to understand. Really.

> The example I sent was the correct INCLUDE stmts. Before, I had the 0205 at the \
> end, like this: INCLUDE COND=(88,3,CH,EQ,C'YES',OR,
> 93,3,CH,EQ,C'YES',OR,
> 113,3,CH,EQ,C'YES',AND,
> 5,4,CH,EQ,C'0205')     <==
> which of course would produce said erroneous information.

No, the sequence really does matter, because those AND and OR are evaluated different \
and in the right sequence.

What you can do is, tidy up your INCLUDE like this (note the extra parantheses):

 INCLUDE COND=((88,3,CH,EQ,C'YES',OR,
                93,3,CH,EQ,C'YES',OR,
               113,3,CH,EQ,C'YES'),AND,
                 5,4,CH,EQ,C'0205')

The thing is, I like to group all the OR and the AND and place parantheses around. So \
above should then be correctly interpreted as 'any special attributes' AND record \
type.

I think your two examples are setup so that the two arguments before and after the \
AND are evaluated first and then all those ORs. Somewhat messy.

As documented:

"AND statements are evaluated before OR statements unless parentheses are used to \
change the order of evaluation; expressions inside parentheses are always evaluated \
first. (Nesting of parentheses is limited only by the amount of storage available.)"

> I knew as soon as I hit send I'd figure it out. Sorry for sending the wrong info in \
> my original email; since I had DISP=MOD on the output dataset, I hadn't paged down \
> far enough to see that the example I sent originally worked properly.

This is a familiar trap which I also fall into and hurt myself and my ego... ;-D

Trusting this will SORT your reports out!

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht