List:       racf-l
Subject:    Re: DB2 internal security RACF external security
From:       "Sokolsky, Hayim Z." <hsokolsky () DTCC ! COM>
Date:       2018-03-20 20:54:54

The simple answer is that you can migrate table by table and object by obje=
ct, as you see fit.

The more complex answer is that there is indeed a migration sequence in goi=
ng from native DB2 to RACF. This is due to the nature of how DB2 checks are=
 performed and how they interact with the RACF/DB2 interface.

1. You must migrate SYSADM and SYSOPR first. I actually recommend migrating=
 all of the SYSUSERAUTH and SYSDBAUTH attributes first. If you do not do th=
is then SYSADM and DBADM will not be recognized for the tables you migrate. =

2. You can migrate tables and views (they live in the same class) on a tabl=
e by table basis. However, it is far easier to migrate a whole application =
or common owner at one time. It keeps the migration simpler.

3. After you've migrated tables and views, then you migrate the collections=
, packages, and plans that belong to the application. You can migrate the a=
pplication's packages and plans any time after you've migrated the tables. =
You don't have to migrate all tables before moving on. It's your choice.

4. Last but not least, migrate everything else.

Hayim Sokolsky
Director, Security Architect
Security Architecture and Technology
Technology Risk Management
DTCC Tampa
Direct: +1 813 470-2177 | hsokolsky@dtcc.com

Visit us at www.dtcc.com or follow us on Twitter @The_DTCC=A0 and on Linked=
In.
To learn about career opportunities at DTCC, please visit dtcc.com/careers.

Classification:=A0 DTCC Public (WHITE)

The views I have expressed in this email are my own personal views, and are=
 not endorsed or supported by, and do not necessarily express or reflect, t=
he views, positions or strategies of my employer.