List:       racf-l
Subject:    Re: SSL with WebSphere and CICS - solved
From:       Elardus Engelbrecht <elardus.engelbrecht () SITA ! CO ! ZA>
Date:       2017-09-08 9:23:54

Cross-posted between RACF-L and IBM-MAIN.

The problem has been resolved.

Solution involved many suggestions (from IBM, offlist replies, lots of googling and \
from these 2 discussion lists) and head-scratching, but here goes (partial list):

Both WebSphere and CICS Certificates have all be re-created mostly like what I posted \
earlier plus other suggestions given to me via private mail or on these two \
discussion lists.

WebSphere and CICS own TCP/IP settings were changed.

We eventually got the CICS to produce a dump and soon we discovered we had to enlarge \
the REGION amongst other things we also discovered.

Ok, after further toying with the CICS and WebSphere, we discovered old application \
programs and scripts which were written thousands years ago by ex-colleagues. Those \
programs and scripts were written to redirect traffic to a Non-SSL page(s). Groan ... \
Copies were made of these programs and scripts and they were corrected.

During testing we discovered that Internet Explorer, FireFox and Chrome needed to be \
setup to allow scripts (settings like enable X, allow Y, etc.), SSL, tell \
proxy-servers to shutup and stop meddling with our toys, etc...

Then our clients had to do similar tweaking on their browsers and fix their own proxy \
settings.

Thanks again to all!

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht