List:       racf-l
Subject:    Re: Question on Dataset Access
From:       Bob Bridges <robhbridges () GMAIL ! COM>
Date:       2017-08-31 22:20:38

Yeah, I agree.  (Is there any sillier wasted exercise than saying "I =
agree with Walt"?)  If it says IKJ6500I COMMAND XXX NOT FOUND then it =
isn't RACF; it's simply looking through the SYSPROC and SYSEXEC =
concatenations and not finding a member named XXX.

So the production ID must not have that library in its SYSPROC or =
SYSEXEC concatenation.

You say "the ISPF Library the member resides in - SYS1.CLIST" and then =
"...the my data set that contains the REXX"; is this REXX module in =
SYS1.CLIST or is it somewhere else?  (I'd be a little surprised that =
~any~ ID wouldn't already have read access to something named =
SYS1.CLIST.)

And by the way, who is this really?  Lizette Koehler has a long history =
of writing real sentences.  How early did you have to get up this =
morning, anyway?

---
Bob Bridges
  robhbridges@gmail.com, cell 336 382-7313
  rbridges@InfoSecInc.com

/* Question:  Would you rather raise a child who grows up to be (a) an =
honest, ethical, family-centered person who works on an assembly line or =
(b) a habitually dishonest, amoral narcissist who is the CEO of a big =
corporation?  If your answer is (a), then answer this:  Which child =
would you brag about more?  -John K Resemond, "Who's in Charge Around =
Here?"; United Airlines' magazine "Hemispheres", Sep 1999 */