List:       racf-l
Subject:    Re: Restrict system access question
From:       Elardus Engelbrecht <elardus.engelbrecht () SITA ! CO ! ZA>
Date:       2017-07-30 13:16:20

Mark Jacobs wrote:

> Thanks for this information. It doesn't look like the LDAP server uses the terminal \
> class for checking access. It's letting the userid in, whereas when I attempt to \
> logon to TSO using it, ...

Besides other good replies you got from others, I also have [at least] three \
different ids for LDAP server:

Note 1: I am NOT using terminal access at all.

Note 2: No System Special or Group Special ids are used at all! I will create ids as \
needed, I don't let other things to create ids. Rulez and regulationz of course! ( \
sic ;-D )

Note 3: We have a custom written selfhelp website "portal" which is using my LDAP \
server to reset RACF ids after comprehensive background tests were completed. The \
users are identifying themselves with their credentials including RACF id so their \
ids can be reset when needed.

1. id for LDAP STC - access to own datasets and FACILITY profiles:

BPX.CONSOLE
BPX.DAEMON
BPX.SERVER
BPX.WLMSERVER
IRR.DIGTCERT.LIST
IRR.DIGTCERT.LISTRING
IRR.RAUDITX
IRR.RUSERMAP

Not all profiles are needed, but for us, yes, they are needed.

2. In LDAP config this:

adminDN "racfid=< id ???>,profiletype=user,o=???"
sslAuth serverAuth
sslCertificate <self-signed cert>
sslCipherSpecs <whatever>
sslKeyRingFile <keyring>

#listen ldap://:389     <--- that is a comment line
listen ldaps://:<port nr>

3. Then I have several [RESTRICTED] ids used by the portal to reset other RACF ids \
which have access to these:

FACILITY - IRR.PWRESET.OWNER.????
PROGRAM - **

> ...  I'm failing as expected.

I have also some group special persons [using TSO] in case these users can't properly \
identify themselves on that portal.

HTH!

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht