List:       racf-l
Subject:    Re: FC0994 authServer: secure_socket_init failed with rc = 428 (Key entry does not contain a private
From:       Wai Choi <wchoi () US ! IBM ! COM>
Date:       2014-12-23 23:43:30

John,

Your set up showed that the certificate owner (thus the private key owner)
and the ring owner is the user TEST. But FTPD is the id to access the
ring, the certificate and the private key. The problem is that the private
key owned by a personal ID CANNOT be accessed by a different ID under the
FACILITY class, even you have CONTROL to all IRR.DIGTCERT.* (specifically,
IRR.DIGTCERT.LISTRING and IRR.DIGTCERT.GENCERT). It will work if

a) TEST is the id used in the ftp process, OR

b) the certificate owner is either SITE or CERTAUTH, not a personal ID, OR

c) use the profile <ring owner>.<ring name>.LST in the RDATALIB class to
control the access to the ring/certificate/private key, instead of the
FACILITY class. In your case, give ID FTPD UPDATE access to profile
TEST.JPMCACO.TEST.LST in the RDATALIB class. The control from RDATALIB
provides granularity, the access only applies to a certain key ring,
unlike the FACILITY class in which the access applies to ALL the keyrings.
For details, you may look at the Usage Notes of the R_datalib callable
service in the RACF Callable Services book.

Wai Choi - RACF/PKI Design and Development