List:       racf-l
Subject:    Re: Migrate zos 1.4 RACF database to zos 1.13
From:       Finn T Christensen <CCFTC () DK ! IBM ! COM>
Date:       2014-03-26 10:07:03

Alan,
I am the author of the PWDCOPY utilities. I suppose the problem is that
ICHPSOUT cannot run on pre z/OS 1.7 templates. It must (currently) have
the PASSASIS and more fields defined. PASSASIS is the bit saying "this
user have had at least one mixed case password set". PWDCOPY use this and
also the global bit whether the system supports mixed case or not. PWDCOPY
protects you against importing encrypted mixed case stuff, that will not
be respected on the target system, because the latter does not support
mixed case at all. Abends are much better than importing data, that causes
trouble when (select) users try to logon.

If you can send me the full symptom dump (registers) I will know more.
They are loaded with diagnostic info before taking the abend.

But anyway, there are good reasons for adding a better error msg with
return and reason codes - as well as some dynamic logic that for pre z/OS
1.7 systems will stop extracting fields that only exist in newer releases.

A fast workaround could be importing modern templates to your old z/OS
database - or maybe to a copy of it. But templates have moved from a
pds(e) member to a load module so that might not even be straightforward.
Probably better to wait for the updated ICHPSOUT.

regards
Finn Thunbo Christensen

IBM EMEA Cryptographic Competency Center Copenhagen
IBM Danmark Aps, Nymøllevej 91, DK-2800 Lyngby, Danmark
phone: +45 2880 4182 cell: +45 2880 4182 fax: +45 4523 6802
email:ccftc@dk.ibm.com
Links: External Web / Internal Web

There are 10 types of people, those who count in binary and those who
don't.

Medmindre andet er angivet ovenfor: / Unless Otherwise Stated Above:
IBM Danmark ApS
Nymøllevej 91
2800 Kongens Lyngby, Danmark
CVR nr.: 65305216