List:       racf-l
Subject:    Re: Remove all members of a group
From:       Walt Farrell <walt.farrell () GMAIL ! COM>
Date:       2013-11-21 12:35:40

On 11/20/2013 10:25 PM, Charles I Horton wrote:
> I want to be able to remove all the members of a RACF group.  I don't see a way to \
> do this with a SEARCH command.  Any ideas on how to do that?
You might try using the IRRRID00 utility. If you provide the group name
as input via SYSIN, IRRRID00 should generate all the commands necessary
to delete that group. Since RACF won't allow deletion of a group that
has any members, among those commands you should find all the necessary
REMOVE commands. So you should be able to extract that subset of
commands from the others that IRRRID00 generated and run them.

(Note: I'm not sure why you want to remove all the members of the group.
If you're doing it because you want to delete the group, then you should
be using IRRRID00 anyway, as it is the recommended way to delete users
or groups.)

--
Walt