List:       racf-l
Subject:    Re: The meaning of an ACL in a NODES profile
From:       Bob Bridges <rhbridg () ATTGLOBAL ! NET>
Date:       2011-12-23 2:31:50

That section is numbered 15.15.1.1 in the version of the Admin Guide I'm
using (V2R10.0), and although I looked carefully I never saw that passage,
nor anything else that spelled it out explicitly.  But I began to suspect it
when I failed to find any information, so I'm content at your confirmation.
Thanks very much.

PS - Now that I do a text search for "access list", I see it there plain as
day.  Sigh.  "Access lists do not apply to NODES class profiles. The ADDMEM
value is used to translate to locally-defined values."

---
Bob Bridges, rhbridg@attglobal.net, cell 336 382-7313

/* Ever since Freud, we've been taught to look "deep" for the causes of
crime and misbehavior -- in early childhood, in repressed memories, in
unconscious "roots" of conduct.  Psychology now enjoys the prestige
astrology once commanded in royal courts.  -Joseph Sobran */