List:       racf-l
Subject:    Re: USERDATA EHLPPRF
From:       Simon Dodge <simon () SICONSULTS ! COM>
Date:       2011-11-30 22:38:54

On 11/30/2011 3:06 PM, Robert S. Hansel (RSH) wrote:
> Now to find a way to get rid of these entries (or simply ignore them). The
> client has the Vanguard VRA product. Can it do bulk cleanup of these
> entries?

VRA has a batch interface to manipulate userdata..    I use it daily..

//USRUPDT EXEC PGM=VRAAUDMB
//VIPOPTS  DD  DISP=SHR,DSN=??????.VANOPTS
//PRNT     DD  SYSOUT=*
//AUDIT    DD  SYSOUT=*
//VIPOUT   DD  SYSOUT=*
//SYSOUT   DD  SYSOUT=*
//SYSABOUT DD  SYSOUT=*
//SYSIN    DD  *
COMMAND(DELETE USERDATA)
CLASS(USER)
PROFILE(SDODGE)
USRNM(HELLAPPY)
COMMAND(END)
//*

to delete userdata from many users, simply have multiple
Command/Class/Profile/Usrnm/Command  sets . So just build your deck of
sysin and submit job.

if you have multiple userdata items with same usrnm in same profile it
will delete all of them, you can't be specific (in contrast to zSecure
which can be specific)

You will need UPDATE Access to FACILITY resource
VRAUD$.USER.HELLAPPY      (or something similar. I usually have generic
profile.  It is in the VRA doc)

Simon