List:       racf-l
Subject:    Question about RVARY control
From:       Ginkgo Shen <ginkgo.shen () GMAIL ! COM>
Date:       2011-08-18 8:05:34

Hi, everybody :

   As auditor request, we have to review RVARY control.

   Here are some questions need your advise.

  A. Following data find in document, does is means no matter what RVARY
password we define, we can sill use default password in "MASTER" console ?

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/zos/v1r12/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.zos.r12.icha200/trvcmd.htm
       For recovery actions to take place when the installation-defined
password is not available or has been lost or destroyed,
       RVARY allows you to use the default password YES in some cases.
       RACF accepts both the default password and the installation-defined
password if the RVARY was issued as an operator command
       from a console with master authority and the ACTIVE, NODATASHARE, or
SWITCH function was requested.

  B. Is there any way to find out the CHANGE DAY for RVARY password ? except
check SMF report.

  C. What will happen if a user issue RVARY command without any authority to
access RACF DB?

  D. Is there any suggestion for the control of RVARY password ?

       Please advise & thanks a lot !

Ginkgo