List:       racf-l
Subject:    Re: ICHRRCDE deletion
From:       Hayim Sokolsky <hsokolsky () DTCC ! COM>
Date:       2011-08-17 12:05:44

Juan,

Since you do not plan to use the class in the static CDT, there should be
no issues with it remaining there until the next IPL.

Might I suggest that on the systems where you do have your own classes,
that you eliminate the static CDT and instead define the class(es) via the
dynamic CDT class. This will ensure that the module will not longer exist
on your non production systems as well.

Hayim
_____________________________________
Hayim Sokolsky, CISSP
    Mainframe Security Architect
    DTCC Corporate Information Security
    18301 Bermuda Green Dr, MS 1-CIS
    Tampa FL 33647-1760

    Tel. (813) 470-2177

Classification: DTCC Non-Confidential (WHITE)

The views I have expressed in this email are my own personal views, and
are not endorsed or supported by, and do not necessarily express or
reflect, the views, positions or strategies of my employer.

RACF Discussion List <RACF-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> wrote on 08/16/2011
12:30:40 PM:

> Mautalen Juan Guillermo <jmautalen@ANSES.GOV.AR>
> Sent by: RACF Discussion List <RACF-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
>
> 08/16/2011 12:30 PM
>
> Please respond to
> RACF Discussion List <RACF-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>

> RACF-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
>
> cc
>
> Subject
>
> ICHRRCDE deletion
>
> Hi:
>
> By mistake, a system programmer copied (from another Lpar) member
> ICHRRCDE into Production SYS1.LINKLIB. The ICHRRCDE table copied has
> just one RACF class defined. We don't use any installation-defined
> RACF class in our Production system. The only practical effect is
> that I see this static RACF class listed under LOGOPTIONS DEFAULT
> CLASSES in the SETROPTS.
>
> I plan to simply delete ICHRRCDE module, and, after next IPL, the
> unwanted RACF class should disappear from SETROPTS listing. I have
> just a quick question:
>
> I know information from the static Class Descriptor Table is loaded
> into memory at IPL time. If I delete member ICHRRCDE now, and the
> next IPL is say in 2 months, can I be completely sure that no
> problem will happen? Is there any chance that RACF will complain
> about having some information in memory without the corresponding
> member in LINKLIB? I am almost sure the answer is no, but it is a
> Production system and I need to be 100% sure before making the move.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help,
>
> Juan G. Mautalen

<FONT size=2><BR>
DTCC DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error, please notify us immediately and delete the email and any
attachments from your system. The recipient should check this email
and any attachments for the presence of viruses.  The company
accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted
by this email.</FONT>