List:       racf-l
Subject:    Re: RACROUTE Confusion
From:       Russell D Hardgrove <hardgrov () US ! IBM ! COM>
Date:       2011-04-13 19:13:34

Patrick.  if you are doing a VERIFY to create an ACEE.  To pass to the
AUTH, insure that a THIRD call is done.    Another VERIFY to do an
ENVIR=DELETE.   Otherwsie you have a storage leak.

Third party AUTHs do have a performance advantage when the second and
subsequent calls are for the SAME userid.

The STAT=NO helps a lot with your VERIFY by cutting DOWN last access
updates (i.e WRITES) to the RACF DB.

.
Russ Hardgrove / RACF Lvl2
IBM - z/OS  Software Service
Dept. EC8A   Bldg. 707 - 2/F19
Poughkeepsie, NY  12601
hardgrov@us.ibm.com  845-435-3279
            or  295-3279 (T/L)
"RACF: Guilty, until proven innocent !!"    RdH 2004
"RACF, praesumitur malus donec probetur bonus"    RdH     MMX
<< Continually proving this (innocence) is not just a JOB, it's an
-ADVENTURE-   :-b  .. >>