List:       racf-l
Subject:    Re: : independent RACF instances & SYSPLEX
From:       Doug Behrends <racfdoug () GMAIL ! COM>
Date:       2009-11-30 22:55:39

One of the major items you must consider in this scenarioof shared DASD, is
Dataset access controls.  Unless you are very diligent in keeping the 2
RACF's in sync in regards to this, you may inadvertently allow access from
one LPAR and not the other.

I have encountered this is a shop where ths ere was shared DASD between a
RACF Lpar and a TOP SECRET Lpar....now there's a real bag of worms for ya !!

--
Doug Behrends
Professional Services Consultant

VANGUARD Integrity Professionals
Enterprise Security Software
6625 S. Eastern Avenue, Suite 100
Las Vegas, Nevada 89119
Phone: (303)980.4991 | Cell: (702)234.8571