List:       racf-l
Subject:    Re: TLS FTP
From:       Scott <scott () AITRUS ! ORG>
Date:       2009-11-24 20:48:50

No real learning curve on RDATALIB.  Assuming "FTPD" is the id name, you'd
create an RDATALIB profile:

FTPD.KEYRINGNAME.LST

and give FTPD 'UPDATE' authority.  Unless you want it to have access to the
private key data on a CERTAUTH/SITE cert, then it needs CONTROL.

establishing RDATALIB won't affect any other KEYRING/cert access, unless
your TN3270 daemon is using that KEYRING and you don't give it access.

Obviously, you'd want to brush up on it before implementing.  That's also at
inherentlylame.com.

Anyway, because TN3270 is the owner of the Cert and you're trying to access
it with FTPD, that's where your problem is coming in.  Because it's owned by
TN3270, I do not believe you can give FTPD access to the private key data.
The ghetto-fabulous implementation was to make all your server-ish private
keys a SITE certificate and then give your daemons CONTROL authority to
IRR.DIGTCERT.GENCERT.  Which is bad and is the reason that RDATALIB is very
long overdue.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/zos/v1r10/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.zos.r10.ichd100/usgntrdata.htm

Scott