List:       racf-l
Subject:    Re: mixed-case password  / list of (IBM) products / common
From:       "Wissink, Brad [ITSYS]" <bjwisnk () IASTATE ! EDU>
Date:       2008-09-26 19:11:41

Answers from my experience
1.  Yes.  We found several products that needed PTF's to support
mixed-case passwords.  We also found that some of our applications where
converting the passwords to uppercase and had to be changed.

2.  Not that I know of

3.  I don't know about a common practice, but we did it to match our
password policy rules.  In fact I don't think it is that common yet
since we had to open a PMR to an IBM product to get mixed-case support.

We have been running with mixed-case support just under a year now and
have not had an issue.

Brad Wissink
Information Technology Services
Iowa State University