List:       racf-l
Subject:    Re: REVOKE and ICHEINTY
From:       George Fogg <gfogg () NWLINK ! COM>
Date:       2007-08-24 20:24:38

> On Friday, 08/24/2007 at 12:01 MST, George Fogg <gfogg@NWLINK.COM> wrote:
>> I think I got ya on "old and obsolete", even IBM has a hand in it
> lately.
>> They announced "Metal C" at SHARE, another way to code exits. I don't
> know if
>> I have the time or mental energy to learn it.

> Walt said:
> But if you like exits, the life of a z/OS sysprog has become more
> interesting, with Metal C and System REXX.

I'm impressed what SYSREXX and SDSF REXX offers in V1R9. But I heard you
have to listen to Heavy Metal music like "Alice in Chains" or "Nine Inch
Nails" rock groups in order to code in Metal C. :-)
George Fogg
PS: There will be a downloadable available for V1R8 SYSREXX for those that
can't migrate to V1R9 in the near future.