List:       r-sig-robust
Subject:    Re: [RsR] Robust ANOVA with no interaction
From:       Rand R Wilcox <rwilcox () usc ! edu>
Date:       2015-03-03 21:00:29

There is a paper regarding the strategy of testing for no interaction and using an \
additive model if the hypothesis of no interaction is not rejected:

Fabian, V. (1991). On the problem of interactions in the analysis of variance.
  Journal of the American Statistical Association, 86, 362--367.

The conclusion is that this strategy is not recommended roughly because it is unclear \
when power is sufficient high to justify using an additive model.

For this reason, a method assuming an additive model has not been added to WRS2. If \
despite the results in Fabian there is some reason to include a function for an \
additive model, let me know and one will be added.

Best,

Rand

Rand Wilcox
Professor