List:       r-sig-mac
Subject:    Re: [R-SIG-Mac] In install.packages(), C compiler cannot create executables
From:       Naresh Gurbuxani <naresh_gurbuxani () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2019-07-29 10:40:20

Thanks for your explanation.  I ended up with a different solution.

After reading 'R for Mac OS X' on the cran website, I installed clang and gfortran \
packages provided at the website.  These install into /usr/local/.

After these installations, I was able to successfully install R packages.

Naresh